Get into the fall + holiday spirit by trying out these DIY crafts with items you already have around your house!
1. Fall leaves on contact paper
This craft is good for all ages and even the smallest toddler can participate!
You only need 3 items:
- Contact paper
- Masking tape (to avoid a sticky mess left behind on your window)
- Leaves (either real or these fake ones)
Tape a large square of contact paper to a window (sticky side out – leave backing on until you have it taped the way you want, then peel the backing off) and let your little one go to town arranging the leaves on the sticky surface! You could also do this on a wall or table, but it’s fun to see the colors when the light shines through the window!
2. Coffee filter turkeys
These cute turkeys are a little more involved, but the end product is so worth it!
Items you will need:
- White round coffee filters
- Washable Markers – brown, red, orange and yellow
- Wooden Clothespins
- Googly eyes
- Glue (could use a glue gun if you wish)
- Construction paper (yellow & red)
- Brown paint and paintbrush (optional)
- Water spray bottle (optional)
- Flatten the coffee filters and draw on them with the washable markers
- Spray them with water (or drip water with a spoon) and watch the colors blend
- Let dry
- Cut little yellow triangles for beaks and little red squiggly gobblers out of construction paper
- Decorate the turkey face: glue googly eyes, yellow beak and red gobbler to the clothespin
- Paint the clothespin brown prior to gluing (optional)
- Fold dry coffee filters in half and fluff them
- Pinch the turkey face clothespin around the coffee filter feathers!
3. Puffy ghosts
EASY alert!! These simple little ghosts are cute and require minimal supplies.
Items you need:
- Cut ghost body out of white paper
- Cut mouth and eyes out of black paper
- Have your little one glue cotton balls all over the white ghost body
- Once they are dry, have them glue the black eyes and mouth onto the cotton balls
- Let dry and display!
4. Mummy pizza
Edible craft! These yummy little mummy pizzas are perfect for getting kids involved in the kitchen and they taste delicious.
Items you need:
- Mini pita
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella string cheese
- Veggies or pepperoni to decorate and make eyes
How to make it:
- Let your little one spread the sauce onto the pita
- Have them break the string cheese into strips
- Layer the cheese over the pizza
- Use veggies for eyes/decoration
5. Fizzy spider eggs
This fizzy activity will amaze your little one and they will have so much fun watching their spiders hatch!
Items you need:
- Baking soda
- Food coloring (optional)
- Plastic spiders (halloween themed but you can use any small plastic toy)
- Saran wrap or egg mold
- Eye dropper, squirt bottle or baster
How to make them:
- Slowly add water to your baking soda until it is a clumpy packable dough (NOT soupy or runny)
- Separate mixture into several bowls and add food coloring of your choice (could leave plain too!)
- Pack your baking soda around your spiders and place them in the egg mold or use saran wrap to keep the shape
- Place eggs in freezer (the longer they are in there, the longer they take to melt)
- Remove eggs from freezer (take saran wrap off or take out from mold) and place them in a large, deep bowl of vinegar
- Let your little one squirt the baking soda eggs until the spiders hatch!!
**Bumblebaby makes a small commission on some of the items listed above