ALL ABOUT RENÉE
Background and certifications:
I have my BA from Miami University of Ohio in Strategic Communications. I worked at a logistics company in downtown Chicago for nine years in operations management and as a Business Analyst in IT. I recently passed the Home Hazards Test through the International Association for Child Safety and I hold a certification as a national certified car seat technician.
I recently moved to the western suburbs of Chicago last summer after living in the city of Chicago for nine years with my husband and our 2 year old daughter, Palmer (“P”). We will hopefully be expanding our family soon! Have you read my miscarriage blog post? If you connect with my story in any way, please reach out to me! I’m here for you!
Why you are excited to start working for Bumblebaby:
I had a lot of mutual friends with Kate in college (we both graduated from Miami in 2010) and like everyone else, started following her on Instagram, once P was born. She was someone that I respected, trusted and could easily relate to as a mom. Kate was someone that I admired and relied on for all things baby related. I am super excited to be working for Bumble.baby because I believe in everything Kate is doing with her company. I am proud to be a part of this community that supports women and I know that I’m helping make a difference every day.
Services you offer: (click here to book with Renée!)
Car seat consults:
- Mini video chat car seat check – If you want to make sure your car seat(s) is installed correctly, but don’t need a full hour consult, this mini video chat consult is perfect for you!
- Help with choosing car seats – If you feel lost with how to choose the right car seat(s) for your vehicle(s), Renée can spend time with you picking the right one!
- Video chat consult (1 hour minimum) – Renée can help you install your car seat and educate you on the best practices for car seat safety so that you and your child’s caregivers feel confident (invite grandparents too!)
- In-home car seat consult (1 hour minimum) – Chicagoland area only
- You come to Renée (western Chicago suburbs) – You come to a park near Renée’s home in the western suburbs of Chicago and she will help you install your cat seat correctly and make sure that you leave feeling confident with the best safety practices
- Email 2 questions – Email Renée 2 questions that you have about your cat seat and she will respond within 72 hours.
Difficulties you’ve encountered in motherhood:
Being a full-time stay-at-home mom is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. It’s incredibly rewarding but seemed to be a more challenging transition for me than for others. I have struggled with anxiety my entire life and decided to get off of my medication when I got pregnant. Fortunately, I had a very healthy pregnancy and delivery, but definitely struggled with PPD/anxiety soon after P was born. At that point, I called my doctor and we decided to go back on my medication, since I was constantly worried and had trouble sleeping, despite P sleeping well as a newborn.
Breastfeeding was incredibly challenging for me due to my oversupply of milk. My breasts were triple the size, none of my tops fit me and I had a hard time working out because of that. Somehow I stuck with it and exclusively breastfed for six months. Once I started to wean and switch to formula, I felt like I had my life and body back again; things were so much easier for me!
I always knew there was something missing from my life before I started working for Kate as a SAHM. I missed working and having something to myself (other than P). Working for Bumble.baby has given me the balance I have been missing and made me realize that I enjoy working and helping other women. I find that it helps me be a better mom! I am not ready for P to have a sibling, but I do know that when I plan on getting pregnant again, I will be staying on my anxiety medication, which I now know is OK – thanks to Kate’s advice and guidance. Happy and healthy mommas make happy and healthy babies!
Your favorite part of motherhood:
During the beginning stages of P’s life, I was constantly pointing to things and trying to teach her new words, which to no surprise, came with minimal success. But now that she has transitioned into a toddler, she’s constantly mimicking me, learning from me and seeking my approval. Given the initial challenges, that has been the most rewarding part of motherhood for me so far.
What can’t I live without as a mom:
As a mom, I can’t live without sleep, exercise and fresh air. So despite Chicago’s cold winters, I try and achieve both as much as I can!
Renée’s services: (click here to book with her today!)
You can also reach out by clicking the buttons below:
Recorded car seat safety + tips for every stage workshop:
Renee discusses car seat progression, harnessing tips for every age, choosing the right car seat for your family, how to know when it’s time to move to forward-facing and booster seats, and other important things that most parents don’t know about car seat safety. This is a 60 minute workshop (30 minutes lecture and 30 minutes Q+A).
Renée’s blog posts:
- Renee’s miscarriage story
- Renée’s pregnancy after loss feelings
- Renée’s postpartum anxiety story
- Renée’s favorite car seats for all ages
- 5 things most parents don’t know about car seat safety
- My journey to formula