What to keep in your first aid kit for your baby and toddler. We have done the hard work for you and compiled a list for everything you need to keep in your child’s first aid kit at home!
THE SHORT LIST: *Read more below about why you need each item.
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Hand sanitizer
- 4×4 gauze
- 2×2 gauze
- Ice packs (refreezable)
- Medical tape
- Medical scissors
- Benadryl spray
- First Aid kit box
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Hydrogen peroxide – for cleaning scrapes and wounds
- Neosporin/Polysporin – antimicrobial cream for scrapes and wounds
- Hand sanitizer – to clean your hands or toddler hands
- 4×4 gauze + 2×2 gauze – for cleaning scrapes and wounds (soak with hydrogen peroxide) or as a large bandaid with medical tape
- Band-aids – a multipack with many different sizes, and some blister bandaids too.
- Ice packs (refreezable) – you’ll use these for everything! To fix boo-boos, engorgement of your breasts and so much more.
- Tweezers – for splinters etc!
- Medical tape – for larger wounds or when a bandaid just wont stick!
- Medical scissors – to cut gauze, tape, etc.
- Benadryl spray – for bug bites and itches.
- This adorable and functional first aid kit box
As much as this handy dandy first aid kit will be SO helpful, knowing CPR is CRUCIAL! You could not only save the life of your baby and/or toddler, but someone else’s child.
Interested in learning CPR? Learn more in our blog post here.
Online CPR refresher course: Kate has an online infant and child CPR + choking skills refresher course (use code BUMBLE15 for discount)
In-person CPR sessions (Chicagoland area): Kate, Lauren and Natalie are all trained in CPR and offer in-home consults. Click here to book today.
- Medicine kit essentials
- 5 signs of constipation in your baby + how to battle it
- 10 common baby + child illnesses and remedies
- How to maximize pain + fever control in babies and toddlers
- Top 5 must have safety items for under 1
- Why learn CPR
**This post is educational and not meant to take the place of your provider. Bumblebaby makes a small commission on some of the items listed above