Exclusively pumping for twins is NO JOKE! I needed to do everything I could to keep up my milk supply – and lactation cookies was one of my favorite ways to do it. I snacked on them all day, even at work! Super easy + they taste yummy!
FOODS THAT CAN HELP INCREASE YOUR BREASTMILK SUPPLY (aka – galactagogues!)
- Oats: Healthy whole grains, fiber, iron, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for both you and baby.
- Brewers Yeast: A commonly known galactagogue! Brewer’s yeast is a rich source of B-vitamins and amino acids that has been long known to increase milk supply.
- Flax Seed: packed with Omega-3s for healthy brain and eye development in baby. Also high in fiber!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR THE LACTATION COOKIES (this recipe makes 3 dozen cookies):
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt (I like to use this pink Himalayan salt, but you can also get it at TJ’s!)
- 2-6 Tbsp. Brewer’s Yeast (the more the better! make sure it says “reduced bitterness” on the packaging)
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I love to splurge here – Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips are my fav!)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water and let sit while you cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, flaxseed mix and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, Brewer’s Yeast, and oats.
- Add softened butter.
- Mix well and add chocolate chips, hand stir.
- Roll into 1 inch circles.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Bake once a week! Store in airtight container + add one slice of bread to the container (this keeps cookies from going stale!)
- Double the recipe and freeze to save time!
Ingredients listed above:
Your breastmilk supply is mostly genetic, but these cookies can help boost it!
**This post is educational and not meant to take the place of your provider. Bumblebaby makes a small commission on some of the items listed above.