Whether you’re looking to skip trick-or-treating this year or you want to add in some fun, we have options for you!
Go on a Scavenger Hunt
Dress up in Halloween costumes and take a drive around your town. Have your big kid solve the clues.
- Donut shop
Let’s head to the place with lots of circles. They are doughy and come with sprinkles.
- The Park
Next up is outdoor fun, with slides, swings, and room to run.
- Go see a friend
We can wave to them from our seats, let’s drop off your friend a treat!
2. Decorate a Pumpkin
You can carve, paint, or try these push-ins to get your pumpkin just right!
3. Create Spooky Stations
Set up spooky stations to give your littles a trick and a treat! Get the spooky fun of halloween from your own backyard!
Put those Amazon boxes to use! Spray paint some to and cut a hole on top for your kid’s hand to create these mystery boxes!
- Critter Guess. Stick your hand inside the box. Guess what’s inside and get a ring pop!
Put a bowl of these critters inside the box and have some ring pops as your treat.
- Eyeballs. Find an eyeball hidden in the bowl. Trade it in for a tootsie roll!
Fill a bowl full of spaghetti and throw in some of these eyeballs for your little to find and a tootsie roll as a treat.
- Sticky Surprise. This one may feel sticky and cold, feel around for a small gift to behold!
Fill a dish or bowl with jello. Throw in some glow sticks or halloween party favors for your little to find.
You can DIY or buy these halloween games for indoors or your backyard.
- Mummy Bowling. Try your hand and knocking these mummies down.
- Bean Bag Pumpkin. Use bean bags and a halloween tote you have on hand, or purchase this pumpkin toss game to test your aim!
- Witches Ring Toss. Land a ring on witch hat to win!
4. You’ve been BOOED!
This new trend is fun and simple. Put together a bag of Halloween treats for a friend or neighbor with a “You’ve been BOOED!” note or bag. Ring the doorbell and run!
5. Make a Spooky Treat
It may be too early for gingerbread houses, but ’tis the season for haunted houses!
Baking is always a hit in our home! Especially with these edible eyeballs your littles will love to add on!
Have any other fun ideas? Share them with us on Instagram!